Antalya Bay, Antalya, located beside the city of Turkey is a popular destination for tourists around the world. Antalya is very well dispersed along the western Mediterranean coast and, therefore, presents wonderful landscapes.
Interesting Facts About Antalya Turkey
With a population of a million people, Antalya is known as the largest city in Turkey in that region. If you are planning to give Antalya’s long sunshine beaches and museums a visit, be sure to provide some interesting information about the Turkish resort town of Antalya:
1. Gateway to the Turkish Riviera
Antalya is the largest Turkish city on the Mediterranean coast. Therefore, it is often taken as the gateway to the Turkish Riviera. It is also the capital of the Turkish Mediterranean coast at Antalya, Turkey.
2. Majestic Taurus Mountains
On the west side of Antalya there is a koalavati beach that offers views of the Grand Taurus Mountains. The mountains give a wonderful beauty to the city.
3. The history behind ‘Antalya’
The city was known as Atalia, Atalia, Satalia, and Antalya because it founded Atletius, the king of the Second Pergamum. Later it became known as Antalya.
4. Turkey’s 5th largest population
Antalya is the fifth most populous city in Turkey with a million people in its city area.
5. The old town of Cali
In the city of Antalya lies the old preserved city of Cali (meaning ‘inside the fort’), a historic historical site around the Roman port where the ancient style of the building dates from Roman times
6. Mysterious flame burning 24 hours a day!
Most travelers are interested when visiting Chimaera’s burning flames in Antalya. These flames burn for 24 hours a day and are used for various purposes in Antalya, Turkey.
The mystery of the fire is unknown even after several attempts to extinguish it. The flame burns! In ancient times, flames from rocks served as a means of light on ships and helped them to avoid crashing into rocks.
7. Don’t miss the Miss Antalya Aquarium
It is one of the main attractions of the city. The Antalya Aquarium is located on the coast of Connalatti and has the largest tunnel in the world, with many species of fish in Antalya, Turkey.
8. Famous for the old museum
Antalya attracts many tourists as it has many old and classic museums such as the Kaleyi Museum, the Antalya Toys Museum, the Tsuna, and the 3 Nana Kara Kalei Museum. These museums feature the history of Antalya from ancient times to different ages and have a remarkable form of art.
9. Popular Blue Flag Beach!
This is definitely a must-visit for all tourists arriving in Antalya. Gorgeous Lara is a significant place for beach trips. This beach has a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere and is regarded as a popular blue flag beach.
10. Wonder Walk
There is a 320-mile route between Antalya and Fatty that has become known as one of the world’s longest long trails. For years, the trail has been a sort of mysterious twisty route that connects people to their villages.
More Interesting Articles
- ISO Country Codes List – ISO 3166 | ISO 3166-1 | ISO 3166-2
- Second Cities – List of the Second City of the Country
- List of Countries With Their Independence Dates
- Timeline and Summary of the Major Events in History
- Timeline of Wars – Major Battles Summary – Fought Between
- List of Treaties – A Summary of Agreements with Timeline
- National Days in January – January Overview Calendar
- National Days in February – Overview Calendar
- National Days in March – March Overview Calendar
- National Days in April – April Overview Calendar
- National Days in May – May Overview Calendar
- National Days in June – Overview Calendar June
- National Days in July – Overview Calendar July
- National Days in August – August Overview Calendar
- National Days in September – Overview Calendar
- National Days in October – Overview Calendar
- National Days in November – Overview Calendar
- National Days in December – Overview Calendar
- Country of the World with Their Capitals – Complete List
- Alphabetical List of World Capitals of Countries